So my dear friend Gina posted up a low carb pizza recipe on her Facebook. The moment I saw it I showed Charlie and we immediately said in unison, “Let’s try it!” So off we went!
The original recipe that Gina shared can be found here on the Lighter Side Blog. Because it was Charlie’s night to cook I should have thought ahead and shared the link with him. But I didn’t..sigh. I definitely want to try her recipe though, her photos look so yummy! Charlie put together a similar recipe here:
- 1/2 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Finely chop garlic and parsley.
3. Place cauliflower pieces through the feeding tube of the food processor using the grating blade; pulse until all the cauliflower is shredded. We have a Ninja Blender at home and made this really easy.
4. Stir cheese, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper into cauliflower until evenly incorporated.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. We didn’t have any so we brushed some avocado
oil onto the sheet.
6. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet;
press and shape into a pizza crust.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
8. Top with your choice of sauce and toppings. And bake again.
We put tomato sauce, ground chicken, mushrooms, cheese, and baby kale on our pizza. It was amazing! Enjoy the recipe guys!