Since I’m back on that #lowcarblife I thought I’d share one of my fave recipes. It is a little tedious but trust, it’s worth it!
Cloud bread is a great alternative for bread or hamburger buns for those of us that are on a low carb or keto diet. It has virtually no carbs (about 1g per piece) and for those of us that crave bread especially when we can’t have it *raises hand* this is the perfect solution, for me anyway. I’m not going to lie, it’s not exactly like a hamburger bun. It’s more light and airy than it is spongy. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers right?! 😛
I like to have salami, brie, and romaine lettuce on these bad boys. The romaine gives a nice texture crunch 🙂 The recipe below yields about 12 pieces.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, separated
- Cream of Tartar, 1/4 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Separate your egg yolks and your egg whites into bowls.
- Add cream cheese to your egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Set aside
- Add your cream of tartar to your bowl with the egg whites.
- Using a stand up mixer or a hand mixer whisk egg whites until firm fluffy peaks form.
- Add egg yolk mixture to egg whites and fold in.
- Get a baking sheet and line with foil. Spray surface with a cooking spray. You can also use a brush and brush oil onto the surface if you don’t have any spray.
- Spoon batter onto baking sheet into desired size. Note: the batter won’t spread too much so you can create the size you want with the raw ingredients.
- Put into oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place onto baking rack and let cool.
- Put into a ziplock back or tupper ware and allow to set in refrigerator overnight.
Leave a Reply