Hello Friday! You have never looked so sweet. After a long week I’m just ready to get the weekend started and Monday going. Says no one, ever. LOL.
I’ve been back on the search for yummy low carb/keto recipes since I decided to go back on a low carb nutrition plan since the beginning of the month. Here’s a quick and easy one that is so yummy I had to share!
It’s a 2 part recipe but it’s really easy and quick! It’s low carb, low in saturated fat, and full of flavor. So here we go…
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Zucchini: 2 large, “zoodled”
- Garlic: 2 tsp, minced
- Yellow Onion: 1/4 of medium onion, sliced thin
- Soy sauce: 2 tsp
- Olive Oil: 3 tsp
- Salmon: 2 qty 4 oz, filet
- Lemon: 4 slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley or green onion for garnish
Tips before you cook:
- If you cut your zucchini in half before running through a spiralizer the noodles won’t be as long and easier to eat.
- Slice all your vegetables and zoodle your zucchini before you start cooking.
- The key to good zoodles is to not overcook them. The last thing you want is mushy zoodles. I personally don’t cook my zoodles longer than a minute or 2 on high heat.
- Season your salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Because you’re baking the salmon I would go with a skinless salmon filet. The skin will just get soggy and gross when you bake.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place 1 tsp of olive oil, salmon filet, 1/2 of your sliced onion, and slices of lemon onto foil. Squeeze some juice out of lemon and then wrap completely. Bake salmon for 15 mins.
- While salmon baking heat a skillet on medium/high heat.
- Add olive oil and remaining onions. Cook until the onions sweat a little bit.
- Add zoodles, garlic, soy sauce, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for about a minute or until you’ve reached desired texture. Remove from heat and plate immediately.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove salmon from foil and place on top of your zoodles.
- Garnish with green onion or parsley, whatever you have handy!
Leave a Reply