This #foodiefriday post is dedicated to a favorite food of mine – shrimp. Actually, seafood in general is probably my absolute favorite food. It can be prepared any way and chances are I’ll love it. Raw, cooked, in a soup, fried, grilled…yum! Seafood prepared with ingredients from different countries, love even more! Today, I’m going to share one of my go-to recipes for shrimp. Super simple to make, very little clean up, low in fat, and full of flavor!
- Jumbo Shrimp – 1 lb, peeled
- White Wine – 1/4 cup
- Garlic w/ olive oil – 2 tbs, minced
- Quinoa – 3 cups
- Chicken Broth – 3 1/2 cups
- Spinach – 2 cups, roughly chopped
- Fresh squeezed Lemon – 1 tbs
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Parsley – for garnish
- In a deep pan or skillet on medium heat add your shrimp, salt, pepper, and white wine (I suggest a pinot).
- When shrimp are almost completely pink, add your minced garlic. You know the Top 5 things I keep in my kitchen? Yeah 2 tbs of that. Once shrimp are thoroughly cooked add lemon juice and stir. Take off heat and place in a separate plate.
- In the same skillet, add quinoa and chicken broth on medium heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and bring heat down to low. Let cook for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Make sure quinoa is thoroughly cooked and broth is completely evaporated.
- Add spinach, sea salt, and pepper – mix until evenly distributed.
- Add shrimp on top of quinoa and garnish with parsley.
Voila! All done. Quick and easy right?! 🙂
Leave a Reply